The BioFlash® Biological Identifier is a bio-aerosol collection and identification system.
The BioFlash® provides rapid, sensitive and specific identification of biological threat agents and other pathogens including toxins. The portable and compact BioFlash® offers breakthrough capabilities in sampling performance, reliability and operational cost.
The BioFlash® uses proprietary aerosol collection technology and the platform CANARYTM technology to offer a complete, stand-alone solution for biological identification. CANARYTM technology was originally developed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory and has been tested at Pacific Northwest National Lab, Dugway Proving Ground and Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC). The technology has been used for over a decade in building security and mail screening applications.
The instrument has a range of market applications including networked air monitoring for building protection, mailroom screening for military and commercial security, and a biological identifier for reconnaissance vehicles and mobile labs.
- Proven technology
- Particle collection of 1-10 micron size particles
- Low operational and maintenance costs
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy to use and decontaminate
- PCR levels of sensitivity and specificity
- Can be configured as a stand-alone device or an integrated component subsystem